Friday 20 February 2015

Directed Study - Bright Ideas Business card

Here is another example of a business card I have created using Adobe Indesign CS6. This week we were given the name of a company 'Bright Ideas' and had to create a business card without using the cliche lightbulb image. As well as typography we looked at shape and colour, also using Adobe illustrator. I used yellow, orange and red for 'Bright' because it connotes warm colours and contrasting the text with a black in order for it to stand out and be eye-catching. I used small circles to create one big circle to represent a sun which has connotations of being bright, I chose three different colours to give the logo some depth and also I thought only using yellow would be too much and quite simple. I think the three colours make the idea of representing a sun quite subtle but also creative and clever. I chose this text because I wanted to use only the initials of the words because I thought it looked more effective rather than using both words, I think it would have taken away the nice simplicity of this design. I also liked how I could connect the 'I with the 'B' by using lower case, I think it ties in nicely to show the company as cooperating together and to suggest teamwork. I chose this design because I thought this logo was appealing and would be easy to recognise and I wanted to be simple rather than over the top. Because the front cover of the business card doesn't tell readers the company name I decided to design the back of the business card. 


I chose to design the back of a business card to give readers more information, I didn't want to include it on the front because I wanted to keep it simple, using only the logo to capture readers attention. I decided to again use the initials of the words but this time have the words connecting together using the same font. I chose to do this because I wanted to keep the text on logo but I also wanted readers to know the name of the company, and I thought using the text in this way was effective. I chose another text for the details to contrast with the title, I thought this text was suited as it has a cartoon like feel to it and this company is quite fun. I chose to remove the tittle from the 'i' because it came in between the 'B' and 'r' which looked quite confusing and made the tittle look too jumbled together. I decided to use the circles again to keep in with the logo, I didn't want the back of the card to be too plain and boring but I still wanted to keep it simple. Overall I am really pleased with this business card and believe it would be affective if it was to be printed. 









No comments:

Post a Comment