Friday 20 February 2015

Visual Design - My first business card

Here is my first business card design using Adobe Indesign CS6. I chose this design because I wanted to go for an elegant, sophisticated business card, this font is one of my favourites because of how fancy it is and it looks really classy. The capitals are what I like most about this text, the swirls are attracting and they make the card really stand out. I also found it fun to play around with letters and shapes, I made the love out from question marks and the flower from C's, I enjoyed finding different ways  to be creative using only typography. I created the image of what is suppose to be a camera out of feminine, classic words such as 'Beautiful' and 'Divine', this wasn't my first idea, I originally used the words in a basic way across the business card but realised it was quite difficult to read due to how I had positioned them. After looking at other examples I decided I would use the words to create an image and since my business card was about photography I thought it would tie in nicely if I created a camera. I decided the words around the edge would be black to stand out and be somewhat really but the words inside I wanted to be emerging together only making a few words stand  out by using a darker pink. I didn't want to attract away the attention that it was in fact a camera I had created and not just a box of words, I hope this would be affective to audiences. For the text I decided to use a light pink shadow behind them to give it more of a 3D look and to also make the business card more appealing and to show my target audience is women and the type of photography is professional events such as weddings and private parties, I think I have achieved this through the use of colours and images I have created such as the love heart, I have really enjoyed creating this piece and hope to improve my skills further. 



No comments:

Post a Comment