Thursday 26 March 2015

Visual design - Production Day 2

For this weeks production day 'Multimedia in a day' we had to create a 3 page website, including a home page, an article and a fashion spread. I decided to create my homepage using the exact title from my magazine to keep with the style, colours and theme. I used cosmopolitan's website for ideas and inspiration. I decided to use the traditional layout of the different pages available and the subscribe and follow options along with a search engine. I chose black for my outline because I thought it contrasted nicely with the shade of pink I had chose. I used images with headings below to represent the different articles, which most of the online magazine websites I viewed used. I also decided to use an image behind the title to make my website look more interesting and appealing, I wanted to use an image that represented spring but instead came across a collection of models, I thought this would fit in more as the website is fashion based and I wanted an image that would compliment the rest of the page, the models are all wearing black and white which gives it a monochrome feel, i think this ties in nicely with my house style and the rest of the website. 


I decided to include Judy Berger's article because I was able to play on words from her article and I was able to use different colours to make my website a little bit different. The use of red in her logo allowed me to use this for the title which also complimented the extra colours used. Looking at other websites I noticed social media was included in the articles so I decided to lay mine out in the same way, also stating how many shares the article has received via social media. I also added a comment option as this was also an option on the majority of magazine websites I saw, I wanted my article to be of a similar layout to popular magazines such as Vogue and cosmopolitan. I decided to keep the search bar from my homepage just to give it more of a website feel, I also included a recommend button to view other articles on the website. I wanted to make my article appealing to audiences and to look like a popular magazine website. 



For my fashion spread, we had to create a photo gallery, from looking at other online photo galleries I saw it was laid out in a particular way. Because I wanted my website to look like a real photo gallery I structured mine in a similar way. Instead of using only one photo I decided to use a few to make it more eye-catching and because I wanted to include a few of the photos from the shoot because of how different they all were. I tried to recreate a photo gallery using 'See all photos' and 'View gallery' options, which gave it more of a website feel and I think it looks more professional rather than just using the images. I decided to include a caption under the images to explain what the photos were entailing and to give the page more texts. 




Here are some examples of how each page of the website would look on an Apple mac computer, a Macbook Pro and an Apple iPad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment