Thursday 26 March 2015

Visual Design - Production Day 3

For our third and final production day 'Marketing in a day', using mock ups we had to showcase 'Trashion' as a business. I decided to go for these mock ups because of the different ways of how I could market my magazine. For the iPhone and the badges I decided to keep them the same, as this is the main image of the magazine, also featured on the front of the magazine. Throughout the designs I decided to give 'Trashion' a drop shadow because I thought it added more depth and made it look more appealing. I decided to use a different layout for the cards just to change the look and so I wasn't using the same image throughout. I used this image because It contrasted nicely with black and pink, the house colours. I decided to play around with the words and use a different font for 'Fashion magazine' I chose this font because it looked retro and vintage which is the theme of the magazine. When designing the T-shirt I went for a typical love heart 'Trashion' to represent the magazine and who it is aimed at, I wanted to go for a girly style and thought this looked the best. Finally I changed the pass card to a female image and my name and included 'Fashion blogger' just to make it more personal and to give it a feminine touch.



With these mock ups I decided to be more creative, I created the album cover using a black and white image just to be different from the other coloured images used, I also thought it looked more retro, which is what I named the album. I chose this font because when creating a backdrop it gave it a 3D effect which I thought looked really appealing and fit in with the album style. For the business cards I chose a similar image from the cover of the magazine, I particularly liked this image because of how the model is looking directly at the camera and I wanted to use an image that would attract audiences. Again I used black and pink borders to keep with the house colours and gave 'Trashion' a drop shadow, just because I wanted to keep the all the marketing products fairly similar. For the back of the business card I chose the same image as the previous cards, using black borders to give it more colour and depth, I chose to put the information at the side of the image rather than in the middle because I wanted to keep the two separate so audiences could really see the image. For the clipboard, I used the image of the models from the website homepage because I felt I was using a lot of the same images but I also wanted to use an image that featured in either the magazine or website so it wasn't completely random. I placed 'Trashion 2015' on top of the image because I wanted to replicate the website, however this is the extended image. I decided to use the space to write briefly about 'Trashion' and what to expect from 'Trashion' as a way to market the business to audiences to explain to them why 'Trashion' is expanding in this way, I did this to make 'Trashion' seem more realistic and to create a marketing pitch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment